How Onion Helps in Hair Growth?
Onion is rich in sulfur. This mineral is one of the main building blocks of hair. It improves blood circulation and provides the hair follicles with sufficient nourishment. Onion also has anti-bacterial properties, so it helps with scalp infections that might contribute to hair loss.
Furthermore, it contains the enzyme catalase, which is an anti-oxidant that can prevent premature graying for some people
Benefits of Onion for Hair Loss
1. Onions are great for preventing hair loss. Raw onion should be applied directly on the scalp to foster new hair growth. The juice of onion is excellent to stimulate blood circulation and expedite hair growth.
2. Onion helps prevent premature greying of hair. You can either eat it orally or apply onion extract on the scalp.
3. Onion, with its rich sulphur content, is an excellent tonic for hair thinning. Regular application of onion helps thicken hair by improving its volume.
4. Onion is a natural cure to treat hereditary hair loss and premature hair greying.
5. Several researches conducted on hair fall have established that onions contain great healing properties. These are effective in treating conditions such as androgenic alopecia or female pattern baldness.
6. The antibacterial properties of onion aid in treating several scalp and hair infections caused by fungi and yeast.
How to Make Onion Rinse for Hair Growth
Peel the onions and chop them into small pieces.
Massage the juice into your scalp or cover the bald patches.
Leave on for at least 15 minutes (longer if you can tolerate the smell) and then wash out using a mild shampoo.
Stop using commercial shampoos and wash your hair with natural shampoos with low alcohol content once a week. Rinse with COLD water when finished, to close the fibers in the hair.