Vaginal itching or genital itching is an uncomfortable and sometimes painful symptom that is often caused by irritating substances.
It is one of the most common problems faced by women of all ages, it is unlikely that there is any woman who has not experienced itching in the vagina at some point in their lives.
Vaginal itching or genital itching can cause a lot of embarrassment for women and hence need to be taken seriously.
This can be caused due to a good number of reasons. The most common been yeast infection or irritation in the vagina due to chemicals or pads used during menstruation.
Wearing of tight clothes is another reason that can cause vaginal itching. Lack of hygiene after sexual activities too are causes that should not be overlooked.
Be rest assured that having vaginal itching does not in any way mean you are dirty or have poor hygiene. In fact, over washing the area can be one of the many causes behind vaginal itching.
When vaginal itching becomes persistent, one starts to look for solutions other than medications. Fortunately, there are home remedies that are as effective as the medications in the market.
Here 6 effective home remedies that you can try in order to get rid of this annoying problem.
1. Cold Water: Rinse the vaginal area with cold water, as this should reduce the heat to the area that can cause the itch. Try pouring water around the vaginal area in a downward position, never directly into the vagina itself.
2. Sleep without underwear: So your vagina is again exposed to the healthy clean air and will be less likely to sweat in the night.
3. Drink plenty of clean water: By drinking a lot of water, this can help to flush out yeast infection out of your system quicker.
4. Salt bath: Salt can effectively remove itching and bacteria due to its antibacterial properties. Wash your vagina with concentrated salt water whenever you feel the itch. This will give you great relief instantly and prevent further multiplication of bacteria.
5. Garlic: Garlic has strong antibacterial properties that can relieve your symptoms instantly. Chew 2-3 cloves of garlic or make garlic into a paste and apply it inside the vagina by tying it in a cheesecloth.
6. Yoghurt: The use of probiotics to overwhelm the bad bacteria in the body is not a new remedy whatsoever. For treating vaginal itch, drink a cup of pure unsweetened curd every day. Yeast infections can be immediately taken care of with yoghurt. Yoghurt made of goat’s or sheep’s milk is a better remedy for treating vaginal itch.
Another way to use yogurt is to apply in the vaginal area directly which is a better way of dealing with vaginal itch. Direct application of yoghurt will immediately stop vaginal itch.